The Solution Designer (SD) is a technical problem solver. They assist with the pre-sales scoping process and bring deeper technical expertise into our project delivery. They are expected to stay informed of new Salesforce releases and develop deep competence in core Salesforce, NPSP and EDA functionality.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Discovery – Plan the Project
Collaborate with sales team to define project scope and confirm solution viability. In low- to mid-complexity projects, Solution Designers work with Project Managers to define requirements and determine scope and recommend products. Design system architecture. Plan User Acceptance Testing scenarios. May work with client to map data from legacy system to Salesforce.
Execution – Execute the Project
Execute project according to plan. Complete configuration (including application installation), system customization, and automation. As applicable, oversee data team’s work on migration or manage development team on execution of technical requirements. Review system configuration to ensure all aspects of the project are working as planned.
Launch – Complete the Project
Walk the client through user acceptance testing and conduct training sessions. Create end user documentation. Document unique functionality and “close the loop” by training team members on new solutions and providing content to marketing for case studies. If applicable, perform internal quality assurance on data migration and lead the client through data validation.
Engage with the Salesforce community to stay on top of recent technological advances and represent KELL as a thought leader. Develop new skills. Create content for marketing efforts.
Core Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Motivated by challenges
- Organizational agility and teamwork
- Confident leadership and span of influence
- Client and relationship management skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent projects
- Self-directed, self-motivated, independent thinker
- Strong, creative problem solver
- Solid decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written
- Ability to provide quality client work and deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Salesforce.com Admin certification required (or must be acquired in first 90 days in this role)
- 3-5 years in Nonprofit administration
- 1+ years in Salesforce.com administration
- North America residents only please