The Solution Architect (SA) is the technical go-to person within their area of focus. They consult on pre-sale scoping calls, build proof of concepts, conduct needs assessments, and own the most advanced technical aspects of our projects. They are expected to stay on the cutting edge of Salesforce and Salesforce-adjacent technology, bring best practices into KELL, advise, mentor and coach teammates, and improve KELL’s processes within their domain.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Discovery – Plan the Project
Collaborate with sales team to define project scope and confirm solution viability. On our largest and most complex projects, work with clients on needs assessments to define requirements and determine scope and recommend products. Design system architecture. Plan User Acceptance Testing scenarios. May work with client to map data from legacy system to Salesforce.
Execution – Execute the Project
Execute project according to plan. Complete configuration, including application installation, system customization, and automation. As applicable, oversee data team’s work on migration or manage development team on execution of technical requirements. Review system configuration to ensure all aspects of the project are working as planned.
Launch – Complete the Project
Walk the client through user acceptance testing and conduct training sessions. Create end user documentation. Document unique functionality and “close the loop” by training team members on new solutions and providing content to marketing for case studies. If applicable, perform internal quality assurance on data migration and lead the client through data validation.
Engage with the Salesforce community to stay on top of recent technological advances and represent KELL as a thought leader. Hold weekly office hours to support internal staff. Develop new skills and propagate those skills within KELL. Create content for marketing efforts.
Core Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Motivated by challenges
- Organizational agility and teamwork
- Confident leadership and span of influence
- Client and relationship management skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent projects
- Self-directed, self-motivated, independent thinker
- Strong, creative problem solver
- Solid decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written with a talent for translating technical concepts to people with varied technical ability
- Ability to provide quality client work and deliverables
- Driven to share knowledge, a natural mentor. Proven ability and willingness to share knowledge and grow team skills
- Demonstrated and consistent delivery of best practice solutions to meet client’s business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years in Nonprofit administration
- 3+ years in Salesforce.com administration and/or Salesforce technical consulting
- Salesforce.com Admin certification required
- 1 Consultant-level Salesforce.com certification required (or must be acquired in first 90 days in this role)
- North America residents only please